Shipping & Returns
Tank Gurus ships to the "lower 48" continental United States only.
If you are in Hawaii, Alaska, or any other US state/territory, you can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the item(s) you're interested in for a custom quote.
Free Standard Freight & Free Shipping:
- We ship all tanks as Standard Freight and any items that can ship parcel (usually those less than 150lbs) as Standard ground shipping.
- Standard Freight means that the carrier will lower the tank to the ground at your delivery address.
- Bear in mind that most delivery trucks are long and cannot fit into tight driveways, corners, etc. Delivery appointments are required. Be honest about your location with the delivery driver. If they can't navigate the truck to the location you specify, you'll need to arrange for taking receipt at another location that can accommodate the truck.
- You should expect to do the final placement of the tank on your own. If you absolutely need it to be placed somewhere specific, reach out to us and we'll see what we can do to help arrange that (additional fees will apply).
- All freight deliveries include a lift gate service. If you are delivering to a commercial location and do not need a lift gate, contact us for a small credit toward removing that from the freight services.
After you place your order, you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. As soon as we receive your order, we automatically reach out to our suppliers to confirm that it is in stock and available for immediate shipment.
- If your item is on backorder or unavailable, we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail.
- If your item(s) are available, they may be ready for immediate shipment or will be ready within a certain number of days. If your product(s) are expected to be ready within 14 days, we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment and let you know the details of when your product(s) will be shipped so that you know when you can expect to receive them.
- If your item(s) are available and are expected to be ready in more than 14 days, we will process the charges when the item(s) have been prepared and are ready for shipment.
- After the product has been shipped, delivery timeframes can range between 3-14 business days, depending on freight schedules.
All freight orders to residential locations require a delivery appointment. You will be contacted by the freight carrier when they are getting close to delivering your product(s), typically within a day or so. It is your responsibility to work out a delivery date with the carrier that aligns with your schedule. Missing delivery appointments can lead to subsequent charges for returns and/or re-delivery. Delivery drivers do not typically wait long, so please make sure you are available during your delivery window.
When you receive your product(s):
- Do not drop or roll a tank off a truck onto the ground.
- Upon arrival at your destination, you are responsible for inspection for damage from transit. If tanks are shrink wrapped for shipment they must be unwrapped and inspected for damage prior to signing the bill of lading. If damage has occurred or parts are missing, document this on the bill of lading and notify Tank Gurus at email@example.com prior to putting the tank into service. If there is damage or any warranty claims that need to be made, we will help you coordinate this with the carrier and/or manufacturer.
- Verify that the tank part number on the packing slip matches the tank bar code being delivered.
- Please match tank components to the bill of lading. Some tank components may be shipped inside the tank. Remove any components shipped inside the tank before putting the tank into a vertical position. Loose items that are installed inside the tank can be fitted before the tank is put into a vertical position.
Receiving Tanks / Damages / Claims
It is essential that you make note of any damages for any products you receive. Our manufacturers are diligent when loading your products to the carrier trucks and they document their efforts with pictures and notes once the product is loaded, to ensure their quality of service. When the tanks are finished loading onto the carrier’s vehicle, the title to the product is transferred from manufacturer to the carrier. Once you take receipt and sign for it, the title is transferred from the carrier to you as the final owner.
Before signing for your order, carefully inspect it that it is in good condition.
If you accept it and sign that you received it in good condition, the freight company is no longer responsible for any damages that you discover later. The act of signing for delivery is acceptance that your tank has arrived undamaged and that the of ownership of the property is transferred from the shipping carrier to you, the customer.
The person who signs the Bill of Lading (BOL) when tanks are delivered MUST note any damage on the Bill of Lading (BOL) itself. The delivery driver must also sign the Bill of Lading (BOL) acknowledging that the product is damaged. Tanks may get slightly dirty in transit, this is normal. Dirty tanks do not constitute damage and damage claims will not be honored. Cosmetic and surface scrapes can happen in transit. Surface scrapes will not impact the product's structural integrity or warranty, and such scrapes do not constitute damage that can be claimed.
Please take pictures and contact Tank Gurus immediately upon damage discovery for evaluation and proper resolution. Typically, if damages do happen, they happen a part that can easily be replaced. If there is no indication of damage, trucking companies will deny claims for damage in transit. Tank Gurus is not responsible for damage caused by freight carriers, but we will help you process claims with them if they are warranted.
If there is no notation of damage on the signed Bill of Lading (BOL), carrier companies will deny claims of damage. It is their right to do so. It is important that whoever receives the tanks be trained to look for damage and note it on the Bill of Lading (BOL). Even if there is no designated space for such a notation, it must be written on the Bill of Lading (BOL). It is the purchaser’s responsibility to notify Tank Gurus of any damages within 5 business days from delivery. Claims for damage or any other reason must be made within 14 days from the date you received your product, and any damages MUST be noted on the Bill of Lading (BOL). We will NOT accept responsibility for damage done to the tank if you do not note the damage on the Bill of Lading (BOL), with a signature from the delivery driver acknowledging that damage.
We understand that things happen sometimes and you might miss something during receipt. If that happens, reach out to us and we’ll work together to find the best solution for you.
If your order is in stock and we process the charges to your credit card, we will notify you about the date your order will ship (typically within 2-6 weeks). We will send you tracking information within 1 business day of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address you provided when checking out. If you do not receive tracking information from us within 3 days after we notify you that your order has shipped, feel free to follow up with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations & Refunds:
All orders cancelled after 48 hours are subject to a 10% administration fee, whether or not your order has shipped. If you order has shipped, you (the buyer) will also be responsible for actual return shipping charges. Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card that you use when placing your order.
Tank Gurus is honored to earn your business and we want you to be delighted with your products. If at any point during the process you have questions or need help - we welcome you to reach out to us (email@example.com). We have people standing by, ready to help you out.
Because of the nature of our products, returns are handled on a case-by-case basis. If you receive your order and identify damage or anything you deem unacceptable when it arrives, make annotations on you Bill of Lading (B.O.L.). Contact us immediately (firstname.lastname@example.org and call (213) 463-8720 to reach us ASAP).
If you want to request a return, please contact us right away to initiate a Return Authorization. Each manufacturer has slightly different acceptance terms for returns and you as the customer are always responsible for the return freight/shipping charges including up to a 30% restocking fee.
Unless otherwise stated, to qualify for a return, the product must be 100% unused and you must initiate contact with us about the return within 14 days of receiving your product. This does not guarantee a return will be authorized, but you must at least start the process within this time frame as time is of the essence with any returns. No returns are accepted without a Return Authorization granted by Tank Gurus.
- You are responsible for repackaging the item(s) to the same standard it was received.
- Poorly repackaged products are highly likely to be damaged during the return and thus credit denied.
- Customers are reminded to unpack, dry fit and examine all parts before installation.
Advanced Bidet Toilet Seats, Bidets, & Hygienic Products:
Due to the hygienic nature of Brondell products, we can only accept returns on seats and bidet products that are unopened, unused, and re-sellable. Returns will incur a 15% restocking and handling fee. Products that are not in new and re-sellable condition are subject to additional fees and/or non-credit for returned merchandise. Any returns must be shipped back and return shipping paid by customer within 30 days of original purchase.
We will not accept for credit any returns on seats or bidet products that have been opened and/or used in any manner. For Warranty service, customers must contact us directly for repair and/or replacement of any defective merchandise.
All other non-hygienic products:
Returns will incur a 15% restocking and handling fee. Products that are not in new and re-sellable condition are subject to additional fees and/or non-credit for returned merchandise. H2O+ water filtration & O2+ air purifier products including filters that have been used may not be returned as once water has been run through the filter, they are not re-sellable. Any returns must be shipped back and return shipping paid for by customer or vendor within 30 days of original purchase.